What to Know About Buying an Accounting practice:
Buying a tax and accounting practice is a serious endeavor that requires a level head, a clear approach and an open mind. This has only become increasingly true with recent changes in the economy. This two hour webinar is being presented to provide participants with a solid framework for acquiring a practice, the key factors to consider and a thorough understanding of the do’s and don’ts in putting together an acquisition.
Buying an Accounting Practice: Minimizing Risk While Maximizing Your Value webinar will provide:
- a thorough overview of all aspects of an acquisition.
- the framework of a process for acquiring an accounting practice.
- methods of reviewing and analyzing the initial data on a practice of interest.
- insight into the variety of practices available and how to analyze each appropriately.
- an overview of how to structure your goals and conduct your meeting(s) with a seller.
- the role and importance of a Letter of Intent (LOI) as well as determining and drafting its key points.
- an introduction to due diligence.
- how to explore financing options and basic requirements to submit and secure a loan.
- how to structure a comprehensive purchase agreement.
- an overview of creating and implementing a successful transition plan.
Program Length: Two hours
Start Time: 10am Pacific, 11am Mountain, Noon Central, 1pm Eastern time
Program Level: Overview
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based (webinar)
CPE: Two units for two hours