Sell an Accounting Practice
Are you asking any of the following questions as you contemplate selling your accounting practice?
- Will I find the right person for my practice, my staff, and my clients?
- Will I get paid? What’s my risk of not getting paid, or not receiving what my practice is worth?
- How much will it cost me to sell my practice?
- When should I sell?
- What is my role when engaging a brokerage? Will it be complicated or time-consuming?
- Can’t I do just as good a job selling it myself?
- Is my practice well-positioned to sell? If not, what do I need to do to make it attractive to buyers?
Experience Yields Results
Since 1995, ProHorizons—a national brokerage and consulting firm focused on tax and accounting practice sales, acquisitions, and business development services—has engaged in this dialogue with thousands of accounting professionals in the same place you are today. We’ve translated that experience into a proven accounting practice sales methodology resulting in success stories from sellers and buyers nationwide.
Entrusting ProHorizons to guide your accounting practice sale gains you access to:
- Nationwide exposure to thousands of prospective buyers through our Accounting Practices for Sale list service. Your identity remains anonymous until we’ve developed a candidate for you to meet and evaluate.
- Extensive promotion through integrated direct marketing campaigns, industry resources, and promotions localized to your geographic area.
- Efficient use of your time, as we manage all inquiries, screen prospects, and present candidates meeting technical criteria (e.g., is the prospect capable of running your practice?) and who are financially situated to put a deal together.
- Financial assistance for qualified buyers through our established relationships with stable, experienced lenders specializing in funding accounting practice acquisitions, enabling many sellers to receive substantial cash at closing.
- Complete confidentiality throughout the sales process to avoid prematurely alerting clients, staff, or your competitors. Please read our confidentiality statement for more information.
- Expert guidance grounded in our proven accouting practice sales methodology and Our Commitment to You.
Resources to Support Your Broker Selection
Still weighing the benefits of working with ProHorizons vs. selling your accounting practice on your own? Read Why Sell Your Accounting Practice with ProHorizons? In addition, we offer How to Select a Brokerage and Consulting Vendor. This complimentary tool helps you discriminate between empty guarantees and realistic, valuable services to support your search for the right broker.
We understand selling your accounting practice is an important—and often sensitive—personal and professional milestone. For that reason, you’ll never receive a “hard sell” from ProHorizons. We’ll listen to your circumstances and goals, and recommend an informed course of action. Contact us today for a complimentary, confidential Initial Consultation.