Buying an Accounting Practice: Minimizing Risk While Maximizing Your Value
Buying a tax and accounting practice is a serious endeavor that requires a level head, a clear approach and an open mind. This has only become increasingly true with recent changes in the economy. This two hour webinar is being presented to provide participants with a solid framework for acquiring a practice, the key factors to consider and a thorough understanding of the do’s and don’ts in putting together an acquisition.
Buying an Accounting Practice: Minimizing Risk While Maximizing Your Value webinar will provide:
- a thorough overview of all aspects of an acquisition.
- the framework of a process for acquiring an accounting practice.
- methods of reviewing and analyzing the initial data on a practice of interest.
- insight into the variety of practices available and how to analyze each appropriately.
- an overview of how to structure your goals and conduct your meeting(s) with a seller.
- the role and importance of a Letter of Intent (LOI) as well as determining and drafting its key points.
- an introduction to due diligence.
- how to explore financing options and basic requirements to submit and secure a loan.
- how to structure a comprehensive purchase agreement.
- an overview of creating and implementing a successful transition plan.
Program Length: Two hours
Start Time: 10am Pacific, 11am Mountain, Noon Central, 1pm Eastern time
Program Level: Overview
Instructional Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based (webinar)
CPE: Two units for two hours
ProHorizons Network, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Ste 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
EARN 2 HOURS OF CPE. No prerequisites, advanced preparation or course registration requirements necessary. For more information on our admistrative policies such as complaints, cancellation or substitution policies, please call our office at 800-729-3242.